Friday 22 March 2013

Handsome Furs


This little fellow found the caribou hides we had stretched out in front.
He has been gnawing bits off
hiss-growling and tik-tiking at us
 before scampering off when we get too near.
I hadn't before realized how varied Pine Marten vocalizations can be.
 
His coat is extra glossy, perhaps because of the bones he's found in our yard.
Such a handsome fur would've brought in a few hundred dollars this year I imagine,
 but it couldn't be worth more to anyone other than him.

 
Here is someone else who can't help herself and is inspired to dress beautifully every day.

 
And here's her footwear of which I too am proud.



2 comments:

  1. WOW! did you do that beading, lady??? That's great that Selwyn needs to wear dresses! and that you let the marten keep his jacket ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sylvia! Erin told me about your blog, and I'm so glad she did. You write beautifully! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete